Monday 1 April 2013

Courtyard table makeover

How brilliant are four day public holiday weekends? I feel so rested and relaxed after having four luxurious days off with hubby and our little man.

We spent our Easter long weekend catching up with family and friends and also spending some quality time just as 'we three' relishing our little house and local area. In just three weeks we have to be packed and almost moved out! Eeek!

I have had this little project in my mind for a while now and felt inspired to tackle it yesterday afternoon whilst Little Man and Hubby played in our living room...

We have a gorgeous little courtyard (our only outdoor space in this small house) that gets little to no use over summer as it is simply too hot and extremely exposed to the sun and heat of Summer. If we were staying here longer I think we would have to look into covering the pergola beams with some sort of UV and shade material. However, now that we are heading in to Autumn we will get a bit more use out of it during the day and evening so I decided to pull together some table linen and decor for our outdoor arrangement.

Here is before...




I made a no-sew table cloth (using fabric I bought for this project three months ago!) using hemming table and folding the corners neatly and used pinking shears to edge-trim left over fabric from my Jewellery Pin-Board for napkins. The napkin rings are strips of large paint samples simply taped together at the back. For next time, I intend to make paint sample napkin rings using Courtney from A Thoughtful Place's mini-tutorial (ps. how gorgeous are her hanging eggs? Pinned!).



Here is my little courtyard table after!








These little bunnies are from Love to Celebrate in the Sydney suburb of Roseville. Gabby is the owner and has the most AMAZING taste and decorating skills. She will gladly help you out with any event you have coming up. Love to Celebrate




Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment